By Leo L. Beranek,Tim Mellow
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers is a completely up to date model of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 publication that keeps and expands at the original's specified acoustical basics whereas including functional formulation and simulation tools.
Serving either as a textual content for college students in engineering departments and as a reference for practising engineers, this e-book specializes in electroacoustics, examining the habit of transducers because of electro-mechano-acoustical circuits. Assuming wisdom of electric circuit idea, it begins via guiding readers during the fundamentals of sound fields, the legislation governing sound new release, radiation, and propagation, and normal terminology. It then strikes directly to examine:
- Microphones (electrostatic and electromagnetic), electrodynamic loudspeakers, earphones, and horns
- Loudspeaker enclosures, baffles, and waveguides
- Miniature purposes (e.g., MEMS in I-Pods and cellphones)
- Sound in enclosures of all sizes, similar to study rooms, places of work, auditoriums, and residing rooms
Numerical examples and precis charts are given in the course of the textual content to make the cloth simply appropriate to useful layout. it's a beneficial source for experimenters, acoustical specialists, and to people who expect being engineering designers of audio equipment.
- An replace for the electronic age of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 booklet Acoustics
- Provides specified acoustic basics, permitting greater figuring out of complicated layout parameters, size equipment, and data
- Extensive appendices conceal frequency-response shapes for loudspeakers, mathematical formulation, and conversion factors
Read Online or Download Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers PDF
Best acoustics & sound books
Explores the rules and functional issues of spatial sound recording and replica. specific emphasis is given to the expanding significance of multichannel encompass sound and 3D audio, together with binaural ways, with no ignoring traditional stereo. The enhancement of spatial caliber is arguably the one closing hurdle to be triumph over in pursuit of top quality sound copy.
Aerodynamic Noise greatly covers the theoretical foundation and mathematical modeling of sound, specially the bad sounds produced by way of plane. This noise may come from an aircraft’s engine—propellers, enthusiasts, combustion chamber, jets—or the motor vehicle itself—external surfaces—or from sonic booms.
Excessive functionality Loudspeakers, 6th variation is an absolutely revised and up to date model of the hugely winning consultant to the layout and necessities of top of the range loudspeakers and loudspeaker platforms. every one bankruptcy has been considerably revised reflecting the numerous alterations within the know-how of loudspeakers.
Das Buch wendet sich an Ingenieure in der Ausbildung und in der Praxis. Es vermittelt das aktuelle Ingenieurwissen zur akustischen und schwingungstechnischen Gestaltung von Kraftfahrzeugen. Dazu werden neben den physikalischen Grundlagen die relevanten akustischen und schwingungstechnischen Phänomene im Kraftfahrzeug, die fahrzeugtechnische Konzeption und Auslegung sowie die einschlägigen Berechnungs- und Versuchsmethoden behandelt.
- Principles of Random Signal Analysis and Low Noise Design: The Power Spectral Density and its Applications (Wiley - IEEE)
- Hear Where We Are: Sound, Ecology, and Sense of Place
- Acoustics of the Seabed as a Poroelastic Medium (SpringerBriefs in Oceanography)
- ASA S3/SC1.4 TR-2014 Sound Exposure Guidelines for Fishes and Sea Turtles: A Technical Report prepared by ANSI-Accredited Standards Committee S3/SC1 and ... with ANSI (SpringerBriefs in Oceanography)
- Engineering Noise Control: Theory and Practice
Additional info for Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers by Leo L. Beranek,Tim Mellow